Primary & Kindergarten Uniform
We encourage our pupils to come to Kindergarten wearing the uniform polo top and sweatshirt. This is to help them begin to feel they belong but also to allow them to take part in all activities without worrying about getting their favourite clothes dirty.
The children can wear trousers or skirts of their choice – most choose leggings or jeans – with socks and shoes that cover their toes.
On cold days please send your child with a coat, hat and gloves and on sunny days please supply a sun hat. Please also apply sunscreen when needed before they come into Kindergarten.
If you have any further questions about this please ask the Kindergarten Teacher or ask at the Kindergarten office.
- Long sleeved pale blue shirt (short sleeve may be worn in the summer if preferred)
- Clip on school tie with logo (regular style tie with logo for Year 6)
- Sleeveless navy blue pullover with logo
- Charcoal grey trousers or box pleated charcoal grey skirt (not a straight skirt)
- Reversible waterproof/fleece, navy with logo for Foundation Stage and KS1
- Navy blazer with logo for KS2
- Navy knee high socks if a skirt is worn or charcoal grey or navy socks with trousers
- Black school shoes (no trainers)
- Book Bag with logo (optional)
- Girls – mid blue gingham or striped dresses may be worn with white ankle socks in Summer terms 5 and 6
- Children may wear their own choice of winter coat
- Children may wear one pair of small stud earrings and a watch, but no other jewellery is permitted
- Children are not permitted to wear make-up or nail varnish
Parents are asked to ensure that all items are labelled clearly with their child’s name.
Uniform that has a Academy logo needs to be purchased from Trutex Direct. Please visit the uniform page on the website: https://www.folkestoneacademy.com/parents-carers/uniform
For health and safety reasons it is important that children are properly dressed for any physical activity.
Our uniform for PE is as follows:
- White T-Shirt
- Navy blue shorts
- Black plimsolls
- Shoe bag which can hang on cloakroom peg
- No jewellery or metal hair slides are allowed for PE.
- Where children have pierced ears, ear studs only are permitted. Earrings should not be worn to school on PE days or worn during PE lessons because of the risks involved in games and PE (Micropore tape is no longer recommended as a means of covering jewellery). The wearing of jewellery of any kind is not allowed in the interests of safety.
PE kits should be kept in school and returned home for washing at weekends and holidays.
Hair styles must be reasonable and in sympathy with our school uniform. Extreme colours, spikes, shaving or sculpting is not considered suitable for school. Long hair should be tied back for health and safety reasons.
We encourage and expect children to look after their uniform and their belongings. Each class has a lost property box which class monitors check at the end of every day to return named property.
Class teams are expected to respect the property of others and extra weekly “Golden Time” is earned by classes who have no “lost property”.
Personal Property including Mobile Phones
We request that children do not bring expensive personal property to school. Folkestone Academy does not accept any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage however caused. Mobile phones are not needed in school and should not be brought to school. If there is a strong reason as to why a child needs to bring a mobile phone to school on occasion, the phone must be handed in to the school office before 8:45am and will be returned to your child at 3:15pm.