All schools in the Turner Schools Family are committed to ensuring that our schools are places where children thrive and knowledge matters.
Pupil Premium funding is additional funding given to publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers. It is allocated to children from low-income families who are currently known to be eligible for Free School Meals (FSM), Looked after Children, children adopted from care and Service Forces children. It also includes pupils who have been eligible for FSM at any point in the last six years (known as the Ever 6 FSM).
More information can be found on the gov.uk website:
As we are an all-age Academy we get different levels of funding for our pupils from Kindergarten through to Year 11. Each phase reports on the way they deploy their funding and the impact it has had.
Your child is eligible for this extra funding if your family are in receipt of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190.00)
- Working Tax Credit Run-on (this is paid for 4 weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Children who have left the care of a local authority as a result of an adoption order in England or Wales
- Children who have left the care of a local authority as a result of a special guardianship order in England or Wales
- Children who have left the care of a local authority as a result of a child arrangements order in England or Wales
- Children who have been looked after by a local authority for 1 day or more in England or Wales
If you think your child may eligible to receive this additional funding and support but are not sure whether the school are aware of this, please speak in confidence to our student finance office on 01303 842410.