The Rugby Academy has been developed exclusively for students entering Year 12 and forms part of The Folkestone Academy Sixth Form. We have over 25 students participating in 15 hours of coaching per week and 20 fixtures over the year. The Folkestone Academy has developed an exclusive partnership with Saracens RFC, enabling students to study for their chosen career path as well as reaching their full potential in rugby. Students will experience high quality rugby coaching, with additional support and further developmental opportunities provided by a top Premiership club. The Rugby Academy has been designed to allow students to develop their academic studies, as well as gaining a raft of rugby-related qualifications that will support applications for employment in sport and leisure industries, as well as differentiating strong university applications in any discipline.
- Give students essential lifelong skills and experience such as commitment, discipline, teamwork and respect.
- Raise sporting performance alongside academic achievement in Sixth Form.
- Provide the opportunity to experience and benefit from rugby at a professional level on a regular basis.
- Enable students to gain rugby-related qualifications to support applications for employment in the sports and leisure sector, or strengthen university applications in all disciplines.
- Offer students the opportunity to participate in an international tour which will take place every two years.
- All students who join the Academy are required to abide by a code of conduct to ensure attendance, performance in the classroom, commitment to learning, taking on leadership responsibilities, displaying positive and resilient attitudes and demonstrating the highest standards of personal presentation at all times.
- Develop effective links between Academy, home and club.
- Provide a platform for all Academy students to realise their full sporting potential and move to the next level in their chosen sport.
- Maintain academic excellence.