It is the aim of the Academy that all students should have access to nutritious, healthy, and tasty food every day. The Folkestone Academy has a proud history of fulfilling this goal and this work is continued at the Glassworks Sixth Form Centre.
Executive Chef Mark Kent and Barista Maestro Victoria Hogben oversee the catering facilities on offer at The Glassworks Sixth Form Centre. Students are able to relax in our Atrium Café, chat with friends over coffee, and enjoy a huge range of quality, hearty food that includes:
· Smoothies & Frappes
· A wide range of cakes
· Breakfast baguettes
· Porridge, toast, and other breakfast options
· A range of ‘Meal Deal’ offers
The Catering team at Folkestone Academy have won numerous awards for their food service;
· School Of The Year 2011, for Food Innovation
· School Of The Month, March 2011 - School Food Trust
· Bronze Food For Life Award
· 5* Health Authority Award
· Culinary Olympics- various student medallists
The Atrium Café at The Glassworks Sixth Form Centre is setup to serve the students of The Glassworks, and this is reflected in the open way in which it is run; students are free to make suggestions and requests at any time.