Child Protection and Safeguarding
The purpose of the Academy’s Child Protections and Safeguarding policies and procedures is to provide a framework to ensure every child who is a registered student at our school is safe and protected from harm. Our policies and procedures aim to give clear direction to staff, volunteers, visitors and parents about the expected behaviour and our legal responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children at our school.
Safeguarding is defined as:
- Protecting children and young people at our school from maltreatment;
- Preventing impairment of our children’s and young people’s health or development;
- Ensuring that children and young people at our school grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care;
- Undertaking Safeguarding roles and responsibilities so as to enable children and young people at our school to have optimum life chances and enter adulthood successfully.
All staff and visitors have an important role to play in safeguarding children and protecting them from harmful actions and influences.
It is the responsibility of every member of the Academy community to
- be familiar with the Academy’s Child Protection and Safeguarding policy and procedures
- ensure they follow these requirements at all times and work in a way that will safeguard and promote the welfare of all of Academy pupils
- be alert to signs and indicators of possible abuse (see Appendices to Policy)