We would like to take this opportunity to remind you that The Folkestone Academy uses a cashless payment system; from September 2013 The Folkestone Academy will no longer accept cash as a form of payment for meals, which means that your child will no longer be able to put cash into the machines alongside Reception or at the Academy shop.
The ParentPay cashless system primarily ensures that the money you allow your child to have for purchasing lunch or a snack is used for that purpose. There are many other benefits:-
- The money you allow your child to have is used for meals.From September 2013 a school meal will now cost £2.20 per day in line with the National Average. Breakfast will remain free of charge for all students.
- It provides a considerably quicker service and reduces queues.
- If you are entitled to free school meals no one is aware of this.
- The system will use fingerprints. The system itself involves the capture of biometric fingerprint data that is securely stored by the school. This information is for school purposes only and will not be shared. Please be assured that only a photo of the thumb print is taken, not an actual DNA thumb print.
How can you add money to your child’s account?
- Payment by cheque: Cheques are to be made payable to “The Folkestone Academy”, minimum amount £10, writing your child’s name, card number and expiry date on the reverse and return to the Academy shop.
- Payment by debit/credit card: Make a payment using your debit/credit card, by visiting the Academy Shop between 08.00-12.00hrs hours Monday- Friday Minimum payment amount £10.
- Online Payments: This can be done online using a secure website called ParentPay or through local stores where you see the Pay Point logo, for more information please visit www.folkestoneacademy.com or www.parentpay.com
If you require a reminder of your username and password login details, order a Pay Point card or have any queries please contact the Academy Shop on 01303 842410 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academy Shop Manager