Expectations from the Specialism:
- Ensure that learning in the arts is marked by creative rigour and discipline.
- Place high status on vocational courses in the arts. Arts Colleges will want to look at how vocational courses could engage a wider range of students.
- Develop the artistic skills and understanding of teachers and make imaginative use of new technologies as a means of raising the quality of teaching and learning in the arts.
- Explore the potential for artistic activities to enhance learning across all curricular areas and promote high levels of participation in extra-curricular arts activities in the arts.
- Work with other schools and the wider community in sharing facilities and human and other resources with a view to developing learning opportunities in the arts, including through partnership with local, national and international creative industries and arts institutions.
- Involve professionals from the creative industries in school and community activities.